Could you defeat Northampton Town FC – at FIFA?
Written by Martin Steers on October 18, 2020
Students in Northamptonshire are being invited to take on Northampton Town FC in an eSports tournament.
The University of Northampton is looking for gamers that have experience playing FIFA to compete against the Cobblers’ eSports team.
The tournament is being held by the University and the football club to mark the launch of the former’s eSports degree, which will run from September 2021, subject to validation.
Entrants must be aged 16 or over and be in full-time education in Northamptonshire – so University students are welcome to apply, along with those studying at county schools and colleges.
A preliminary FIFA trial is being held at Town’s PTS Academy Stadium on Wednesday 28 October.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 21 October, and applicants will need to be available for the tournament final in mid-November at the stadium.
To register your interest email [email protected] with the following information:
- What is your current FIFA playing level?
- What is your gamer name, ID, or tag?
- Are you aged 16+ and in full-time education in the Northamptonshire area?
- What institution do you currently attend and what programme are you currently studying on?
- Why do you want to be involved?
- Are you available to attend a FFIA playing trial at Northampton Town’s stadium on Wednesday 28 September (time to be confirmed)?
- How can we contact you if you are successful in your application?